Friday, June 10, 2011

TGIF


Finally, seems like a long week and so glad it's Friday. I like those meme things so maybe it's a good chance to try out a Friday Five!

1. What is a movie that makes you HAPPY?

A good romantic comedy, especially if it is set somewhere abroad. I enjoy the Richard Curtis ones like Four Weddings and a Funeral, Love Actually, Notting Hill, Bridget Jones

 Love Actually (Full Screen Edition)   Notting Hill (Collector's Edition)

2. What is a movie that makes you SAD?

Movies about WWII makes me sad, maybe because I'm reminded that this was reality and the suffering was real. The Pianist and Schindler's List come to mind.

The Pianist   Schindler's List (Widescreen Edition)

3. What is a movie that makes you SCARED?

I don't watch too many horror movies because I'm a chicken. Psychological thrillers make me scared. I remember when I watched The Shining for the first time it freaked me out. Also, the Silence of the Lambs is still one of the scariest movies for me to watch.

The Silence Of The Lambs (Widescreen Special Edition)The Shining (Two-Disc Special Edition)

4. What is a movie that makes you feel INSPIRED?

Every time I watch one of my favorite films, Amelie, I am inspired by the scene when she is watching the video tape montage of the random events including a horse running on the street and people dancing. I love that message of being reminded to get out of your shell and live your life.

Amelie

5. What is a movie that you never get tired of watching?

I think it's a tie between my childhood cult favorite Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and the Sound of Music

 Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (Widescreen Special Edition)The Sound of Music (Three-Disc 45th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)

Happy Friday, Friday, Friday...

(ahaha, I'm sorry I really really hate this song and who sings it)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I have never seen the movie Amelie? There are so many movies that I have read about it, but never got the time to watch them.
If the shining is too scary, put it in the freezer hehe.

My long weekend is almost over. ugh.

Poeh

Anna Rice said...

You would be my best movie watching companion ever. Except I do love horror movies. ;)

Sara Louise said...

Notting Hill and Love Actually always make me happy! And I love the Sound of Music, I never get tired of it. Have you seen Giant? That's my all time, never, ever get tired of, watch all the time, favorite

Natasha Contreras said...

I love "love actually", and "Amelie" is my favorite movie of all time! Cute blog!

inlovewithsandiego.blogspot.com